Shutting down for a while....

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I send an image of my foot to my family to show what is happening to me at this time and I am simply told they don't want to see these gruesome images!!! Thanks! I am isolated from the rest of the family living in Canberra, no one else is here to help me through these moments.....and they DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!!!! I am done with this family.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear that @leslie10152 - I guess we are conditioned to it here but families only want to see the 'nice' stuff, try not to let it get to you though, big hug.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I send an image of my foot to my family to show what is happening to me at this time and I am simply told they don't want to see these gruesome images!!! Thanks! I am isolated from the rest of the family living in Canberra, no one else is here to help me through these moments.....and they DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!!!! I am done with this family.

No support from those you hope would be willing to give it is a painful thing. If they do not have the same invisible illness as we all do on this forum, it is difficult for them to appreciate all that it does to you. Your picture appears to me to show a fungal infection. Seek medical advice about it. I have had fungal infections,and my personal advice would be to go to some lengths to keep it dry, maybe seek a pharmacists advice on what can help to clear it up. Many creams and powders out there. A doctor could perhaps offer medicine in tablet form. Keep your chin up, not everyone will ignore you!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
No support from those you hope would be willing to give it is a painful thing. If they do not have the same invisible illness as we all do on this forum, it is difficult for them to appreciate all that it does to you. Your picture appears to me to show a fungal infection. Seek medical advice about it. I have had fungal infections,and my personal advice would be to go to some lengths to keep it dry, maybe seek a pharmacists advice on what can help to clear it up. Many creams and powders out there. A doctor could perhaps offer medicine in tablet form. Keep your chin up, not everyone will ignore you!
Thank you...

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hugs, @leslie10152 . As a member of your forum family I am very comfortable with seeing whatever you show us. I'm sorry that your family aren't as understanding as you'd like them to be. People without diabetes and all of its many ins and outs often just aren't able to grasp these things.
xxx

Reactions: Dodo and Peppergirl

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
no one else is here to help me through these moments...
Don't be too hard on them, for people who don't have diabetes it is difficult to comprehend. And tbh I find pictures of diabetic complications hard to look at.
But WE are here to help you through these moments.

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sorry to hear this , we are here for ya.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Relationships with family can be sooo very difficult and there are so many different expectations of them. Some families share everything, speak weekly and are very close, others exchange birthday and chrissy cards and others do not even do that. A friend of mine is currently very upset about her cousins disposing of some stuff she had stored with them for 15YEARS and she never even sent the chrissy and birthday cards in that time. In my family we mostly do exchange cards and always "everyone is fine". Wish I knew what the magic formula for a close, supportive family is but heck I do not. However, I do know friends and neighbours are more important than distant family. Save the everything fine for the relies and discuss important stuff with us.

Reactions: Prem51