Shy or maybe just paranoid?

sama57

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

Hi I’m new to this site but unfortunately not to diabetes. Before I continue may I ask who has access to personal details, e-mail address, etc. (admin, moderators, outsiders?). I ask because I have noticed on other sites that after I have posted something I receive e-mails and advertisements relating to the subject I post about. Also my computer security system has flagged up the site as unsafe. Have to say looks a great site though, full of advice from a friendly bunch of people.
Sam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get an occasional email from this site on diabetes related things but nothing else. I daresay that Admin can see personal info but as far as your profile page is concerned I believe you have the option of keeping it personal as a few people have in the past.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Something else to bear in mind is that the Forum, all posts and comments, are open for anyone to see not just signed up members.
EDIT Sorry, forgetting my manners. Welcome to the Forum Sama57

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

Hi I’m new to this site but unfortunately not to diabetes. Before I continue may I ask who has access to personal details, e-mail address, etc. (admin, moderators, outsiders?). I ask because I have noticed on other sites that after I have posted something I receive e-mails and advertisements relating to the subject I post about. Also my computer security system has flagged up the site as unsafe. Have to say looks a great site though, full of advice from a friendly bunch of people.
Sam

Hello Sama57, and welcome to the site.

Members of the Admin team can view the details you entered when you joined the website. As you probably noticed during that process, much of that information in voluntary. Very few details are mandatory to join.

Most of that data, aside from your email address is on your personal profile, which you can adjust under Your Account settings. You can view your account by clicking your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen.

If you hover your mouse/pointing device over your user name, you will see an option to view your Profile page, in the way other members see it. Click on each of the tabs to reveal other information

On your Account there are options to allow you to amend what other members can see. One thing of note is that you can see your email address, other members cannot, and nobody (including the Admin Team) can see your password.

If you have issues with any of your settings and find yourself unable to adjust them to your preferences, then please report it to any of the Mods, who will help you resolve the issue, or you may email [email protected].

Your privacy is important to us at diabetes.co.uk, but we would urge all members to be mindful that the forum can be read by non-members on the internet, so only disclose information that you are comfortable to be "out there".

I hope that helps.