Sickness what to drink

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, currently got sickness & upset tum any ideas what to drink to settle it pls feeling rough

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vogel make a natural herbal mix called Tormentil complex it has no sugars and it works ,in the meantime boiler water may make you feel a little better
CAROL

Reactions: Tracyann35

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'd go old school @Tracyann35 : a bit of chicken broth and scrambled egg are nice, light things which grannies all over the world recommend for upset tums!

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks maybe when I’m feeling better I always thought no for 24,hours after being sick though

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Keep testing and drinking water Tracy - hoping your feeling a lot better in the morning x

Neoncat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Try sucking on an ice cube if you find even water is making you throw up. You still get to take on some water but slow and steady and the cold can help with the nausea. Hope you feel better soon!

leahkian

Keep on checking your BS to see if they are ok as for what to drink what do you like to drink? You could try drinking that or water the thing is you must keep on trying to take sips of fluids even when you are bringing them back up. Hope you feel better soon.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
they used to say no food but not anymore. They say eat what you fancy If diarrhoea then rice or pasta is best as it absorbs the bugs in the gut and passes them through quicker. Our body tells us what it wants