Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Vwvonnie Taking insulin shouldn't make you feel sick, unless it's injecting which I understand you're fairly new to, which is making you feel unwell.

D

Deleted Account

I hope not: as type 1, I have no choice.
After 14 years of taking insulin, I am no more sick than I was before I had diabetes.

As I think @ringi is suggesting, perhaps your sick feeling may be due to lower BG than usual: nausea is a common symptom of a hypo (or false hypo)/

Vwvonnie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you just started the insulin? Whats your BG levels like?
Only a few days on it one reading is down to 13 then shoots up to 28-30 after iv eaten just trying to juggle it as I work nights and only really eat once a day

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can get nauseous on higher doses of novorapid. I usually split the dose if its a carb heavy meal

jnk001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all
Can taking insulin make you feel really sick? X
some people can't tolerate artificial insulin , ie , human and analogue , if you go on the IDDT website there is information there , there is an alternative of pork insulin which I am on but you may have to fight to get on it with your healthcare people telling you its not available any more and other rubbish - crazy really as its cheaper than the artificial