Side Effects

marshboy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This is my first post, but have gained so much information from this forum (particularly around diet), that i thought i would raise a question.

6 weeks ago I started taking insulin and are getting good control of my BG levels,but have been getting some discomfort in my lower region and the tops of my legs.could this be as a result of the insulin?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Firstly, welcome to the forum. As for your question, I've never heard of insulin having this affect but I would certainly speak to your doctor about it. Maybe someone else will know more as I "bump" this up. Good luck !
Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

spats

hi, Perhaps you are getting better with more experience every day. I had 'problems' that were painful and left me with multiple bruise, until I got scripts for shorter needled!!! I may look fat, but the tummy zone is not so well provided for as expected.
Early days, I am really lucky with my diabetic care team, and really appreciate them when I see what Forum members put up with!!

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It is possible you may be reacting to the other components of the insulin. Along with the active molecule (insulin) there are preserves and solution etc. This can alter the speed as which the insulin is absorbed and used (which is a benefit really). What insulin are you on?

marshboy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Dazza,
I am on Humilin I and also taking Metformin and Gliclazide, but have been taking the tablets for some years now. Thanks for your reply.
Regards