Site Infection

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
You could never be a time waster Nemo, after all it was an infection and as a diabetic that can have complications all of its on. Glad your getting sorted and hope your back to 100% real soon, take care
Suzi x

FindingNemo

How can you tell if something turns from cellulitis type infection into a formed cyst that may now need draining?

My infected site area has totally changed shape. It feels slightly more compact on the suface, but deeper/rounder and a little more balotable. Its still quite hard, but a lot more defined.

Difficult to tell if its causing me any further problems sytematically as been unwell with nasty stomach bug anyway, so though now have BMs under control, am dehydrated and have ketones, so its difficult to separate what is causing what.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Nemo,
sorry your having such a rotten time of it lately, i would have thought you'd be recovering well by now, but your obviously still unwell. I don't like the sound of you being dehydrated and with keytones, and things don't sound right with your tummy either, so you know what i'm going to suggest another visit to either the Dr's or by pass him and go to A&E.
I hope you get sorted soon, let me know how you get on, take care
Best wishes
Suzi x

johndavid

Ive had accu chek spirit pump for a yr and a half now. Difficult to weigh up the pro's and cons of it. on one hand clostrophobic having it strapped to you all the time - but it does cut down on jabs. I had small egg type lumps develop after 6 months. they didn't know what they were - so surgical teams just had fun syringing off lumps and then hacking about and draining!! I changed cannula from flexi one that makes bigger hole to small needle one and change it daily - its ok so far since january. Is anyone worried about going in swimming pools coz the blue cap that fits the canula bit is not water tight - cant help but think of the wee and snot slicks found in pools!!!