Type 2 Skin probs

Smelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Really odd never had it before
Red then silver scaly? Doesn't itch or hurt. Just wondering if related to diabetes..ta one one above each knee and one on hip and upper arm. Diagnosed start of October.

Reactions: SWUSA_

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is such a thing as a ketotic rash, it can happen if you are ketotic and sweat . google it and you will find references.

I currently have to wear a sling ( long story told elsewhere lol) and I've noticed that it makes my arm very hot and my elbow inner joint itch, which I am putting down to ketosis.

Reactions: SWUSA_

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
they might be some variation of psoriasis or eczema - I should get it checked out by doc.
- mind you, I have always found that is good for a diagnosis, but hopeless for treatment.

Mr B was prescribed a steroid treatment for his skin (very similar to your description), and the doc left it at that.

2 years of regular repeat prescriptions later, we discovered it was completely cured by a simple dietary change (less cheese!)

A bit frustrating, really, because the doc never even suggested looking at diet. :banghead:

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sounds like it could be psoriasis but you need to get it looked at by a doctor to be sure. I am not a doctor, just a psoriasis sufferer.