SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

mickrio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello every one its 4am and cannot sleep I have a frozen shoulder and it is most painfull I feel like screaming thru lack of sleep Any one suffering from this any ideas how to get some relief I am going for acupuncter today has anyone else tried this for frozen shouder Any way bye for now and please excuse spelling

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello every one its 4am and cannot sleep I have a frozen shoulder and it is most painfull I feel like screaming thru lack of sleep Any one suffering from this any ideas how to get some relief I am going for acupuncter today has anyone else tried this for frozen shouder Any way bye for now and please excuse spelling
Bowen Therapy.
http://simplybowentherapy.com.au/frozen-shoulder/
Contains links to two studies. When I did my courses (for home use only, I don't practise) a physiotherapist and Football Association physio were there JUST to learn the specific technique for frozen shoulder. Pretty easy to find a practitioner in UK. It used to be cheap but now all sorts of people from Reiki practitioners to holistic wellness centres use it as an add on. I would recommend you find someone who only does Bowen - they get more practice. Google should find you someone local.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had/have a horrid frozen shoulder and it was driving me mad (heavy duty painkillers didn't really help). I have had treatment which was a 'dilitation' (= injection of cortisol and fluid into the joint capsule). My mobility is still very restricted but I can at least cope because I can sleep and do my physio exercises. Please get it diagnosed and get some help because it takes a long time to heal by itself and your blood sugars are going to be impacted by pain and sleep deprivation. My route was private but I am having physio on the \NHS.
Plenty of exercises on the internet but if you are in pain you may just make that pain worse (this is what happened to me and it is not uncommon) so hope you can get some professional advice.

Reactions: jpscloud and Juicyj

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had great success with a combination of magnesium cream (I have the Ancient Minerals brand, not cheap but I have not been disappointed) and a heat/vibration pillow strategically positioned.

I also bought a back sleeper pillow so that I could sleep on my back, as I'm naturally a side sleeper, and used a pillow each side of me to stop me going on my side (side sleeping made the pain excruciating). I hope it clears up for you soon, I know the pain can reduce you to tears.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I had tendonitis in my shoulder about 3-4 years ago, ended up having a steroid injection which helped greatly, although had a poor impact on my BG levels for a couple of weeks, I was also getting it in my thumbs too, since then I have started running and haven't had any issues since with either.

Reactions: jpscloud

mickrio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had acupuncture it seems to have helped a bit with the pain but not enough to help me sleep

Reactions: Lotties

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hello Mickrio,
I was given exercises to do. Very gentle exercises but they really helped. My tendons had got twisted and stiff so they needed stretching to the point of discomfort. Which wasn't far at first. However my Mother was ssuffering from identical symptoms but her tendon was torn, so she had the same exercises, but had to stop if it hurt at all.
What I am really saying is get a definite diagnosis of the cause. Maybe you will need a scan of some sort.
I do feel for you, and hope you will get a swift resolution to the problem.

Evette70

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just had Diabetic Frozen shoulder surgery for the second time. It's time was Sept 18 on my left side and now 2nd surgery today on my right side January 20. They say one of the biggest causes are high blood sugars but mine were actually really good before getting the symptoms

The first time I had it I had physio, cortisone injections, acupuncture and two years of painkillers before surgery. I was then pain free and slept again for 4 months before getting it again in my other shoulder.

The pain tonight is absolutely unbearable after the numbness has gone. I have been in immense pain for the last 7 months this time and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Tonight is 20 times worse and worse than my first surgery. I have cried, screamed, tried ice and heat on the shoulder taken all the painkillers I can take (only Naproxen and Paracetamol), tramadol, amatripterliene (spelt wrong) and codeine all make me sick and cause terrible headaches.

I actually feel like chopping my shoulder off right now, the pain is that bad and I do have a good pain threshold .