Slimfast sugar spike

LaserMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I was going to try the Newcastle Diet using Slimfast shakes. I started it on Friday but found that 2 hours after having a shake I got the highest BS that I've had since I got my meter a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone else experience this?
This bother me a bit so I guess I'll have to try low-carbing. Have to get this BS down somehow.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The name Slimfast suggests it's a slimming diet. Probably inappropriate for diabetics. I am minded of the NHS "Healthy Eating" diet which is also no good for diabetics.

The lower carbs and a bit more exercise seems to be the only way for us.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This is normal for certain shakes/certain people trying the NC Diet. When I tried the NC diet, my BG's were high for the first few day, but then they leveled out at a lower than usual level. The shakes do have quite a lot of sugar in 'em...

I'd say stick with it for a few days - after 4 days, my BG's came right down.

I posted a graph somewhere on thi ssite tracking my BG if you care to track it down...

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
The atkins shakes have much less sugar than the slimfast ones

walterrichmand

Slim-Fast Diet is a good replacement meal. It allows you to replace meals with low-calorie yummy shake drink. It is fast, quick and reliable way of getting those excess fats! It is also a tastier way of being in a diet.