Slimfast

beccaxo

Hi just wondering if anyone has tried slimfast shakes as a meal replacement and how you got on with them or are they bad? Thanks

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
The only time I tried them was when I had my jaw wired up for 6 weeks, it’s was a case of checking carb content and adjusting insulin to suit , one thing I will say is they taste like **** lol but hey everyone is different and what didn’t work for me may work for you good luck anyways

Edited by mod for poorly disguised expletive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: beccaxo

mouseee

Depending on your weight loss goals personally I'd go low carb rather than do any kind of highly restrictive calorie diet.

I lost 2 stone in 4 months on low carb and pre diagnosis it took me months to lose a few pounds. I couldn't believe how effective it was at lowering my bs and weight.

Reactions: beccaxo

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
Diets like slimfast, don't work long term. You better of Finding a plan of attack that you can live with. For me intermittent fasting and low carb, works wonders for me. I have lost 5 stone in 6 months. Also blood sugar are spot on now.
Also when you plan that you cna live with, it makes it easy to add in treats without much impact, Also makes it easy to go back to it after the treat.

Reactions: Merrylizard1314