Type 2 Slimming World and T2

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help please? I’ve just started SW and really enjoying it, however, as carbs are allowed I am still going high after I have potatoes.

I’ve finally found a diet I can do and enjoy and still it’s not good enough

Had some SW chips made in my ActiFry and tested blood and it’s 11.7 about 2 hours later.

Has anyone else lowered their A1c while on SW?

Also I’ve lost 4lb this week very easily.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Potato chips no matter how they are cooked are high carb and as your meter is telling you, blood sugars will spike after consuming them I eat them only rarely what I have done at times is cook rutabaga (swede) chips in my air fryer as a substitute lower in carbs and taste not too bad.

Slimming World are more concerned with weight loss through lowering calorie intake and being low fat content.

For us diabetics carbohydrate content of foods seems to be the main concern carbohydrate is a form of sugar when you eat it your body treats it like any other sugar.

I do not know if any one has lowered their A1c following a slimming world diet plan I suppose it is possible but I would think it would be difficult.

Reactions: filly and MKD75

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
From what I have seen on this site, it is almost impossible to for a Type 2 on diet only to eat "normally" (which I do not believe is normal in relation to average metabolism). You could try changing the starchy carbs to less starchy, such as celeriac. Those who are higher carb do a lot of exercise as a counter balance.

Reactions: filly

Pambo123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I've been on SW since April 23, and I have lost 2 stone, and HB1AC has gone from 74 to 59. I am 77 years old and quite active and love my cruises and holidays. You need to be sensible on site just because a food is FREE, doesn't mean you can eat loads. I find it's a diet I can live with and will continue to do so. I use the app not group. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose, only weight and blood sugar lol