Slimming World With T1 Partner

Angie1980

Hi all,

I do not have diabetes but my partner does have T1 diabetes.

I’m thinking of doing slimming world and was wondering if it’s difficult to make meals accommodating my carb craving T1 partner?

Is anyone on here T1 with a non-diabetic partner on SW? Do you have to have separate meals? Or do you just have a side of pasta or potato to go with your meal?

Thanks in advance!

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I follow slimming world and I have T1D, but it's just normal food, so my whole family eat that way. I don't eat a huge amount of carbs, and I don't eat pasta and bread at all, but I make lots of curries, chilli, roast dinners, steak etc. My husband and kids might have pitta bread with their chilli or naan bread with their curry and they have more potatoes than I do but other that that they wouldn't even know it's slimming world friendly. Slimming world is very adaptable so you can make it what you choose.

**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Morning.
I am also doing SW as a Type 1. I find it's adaptable enough, however SW seems to favour things like Muller light yoghurt as a free option which, yes is fat free, but is packed full of sugar. Things like pasta, potatoes and rice are also free which kind of means you can have as much as you like but I balance this with how my sugars react and so eat a smaller portion to my OH by using two pans so I know my measurements.
Just be sensible and adapt it to suit your family's needs.
X

Reactions: lcarter