Slimming World

lucy jordan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently rejoined slimming world . Before being diagnosed as T2 I lost 2 stone with their extra easy plan. They dont do red and green days anymore and call it food optimising now, but it still is an easy way to loose weight. I have lost 9lb in 5weeks and im happy with that. Some members have lost a lot more in the same length of time, butI prefer to do it slowly. Yes you can eat as much pasta potatoes rice and noodles as you like, but they also insist that you fill 1/3 of your plate with vegetables at EVERY meal. They advise wholemeal bread and it is limited to either one lge slice or 2 small ones per day. You can have more but it has to be taken from your allowance of 15 syns per day. 1 slice is 5 syns. fresh Fruit is included in your 1/3 plate which does make it easier for some meals. if 1/3 of your plate is full of vegetables and you include chicken or other LEAN meat it really doesn't leave a lot of room for huge portions if carbs, and really you dont HAVE to eat them if you dont want to, you can always make rice out of cauliflower or buy butternut squash spaghetti or even just put an extra portion of green veg on your plate.

I find it easier to cook all my own meals and buy fresh veg meat etc. Cook in batches and freeze for days when im tempted to be lazy. The best way to make this way if eating help you lose weight is to plan ahead both with shopping and cooking.

Last edited by a moderator:

lucy jordan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20151106_132146.jpg

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't follow any programs myself, but I know one co-worker who did few years back slimming world. They have some sort of award system and stickers. She was talking about free food and treats.
Basically from what I understood you have to attend weekly meetings. Sometimes she would bring food with this slimming world brand purchased in Iceland shop. Personally I prefer to cook my food from scratch, and know exactly what goes into it. Preparation is the key! Always be prepared ahead. She lost a little, but then put back even more after 1,5 years. It depends on person's metabolism I guess. Now she wants to go back again to slimming world. #take2
My daughter said most people at her Slimming World meetings her included don't like the Sliming World frozen dinners at Iceland they prefer to cook their own meals from scratch