slow release raised my levels

BIRCO

So been t2 for 12 years and recently started feeling bad with slight hands and feet burns and a few aches like when i first went low carb. i have been pushing it a bit with some extra wine and a few treats but after being strict for a few weeks, no real change. So i come home after not eating since lunch and im looking at 11.7 scores like that. Few years back id be 7 around there if i low carbed on top of my metformin. Well a year ago i changed to the slow release metformin - sukkado or something like that as had tummy issues. found out my tummy issues were bread related. So ive had scores between 10 and 13 for 3 weeks but i switch to normal metformin and hey presto....im in the 7s again.

Wanted to say that I don't think that the slow release and the normal mets are the same or not for me. Maybe the time i take them makes a difference as would take the slow release after dinner all at once whilst the metformin in the morning and evening.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't have any experience with metformin myself but I'm sure there will be others around able to share their experience.