Smoking and Heart Disease

mickeythehood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Rap music, 1 direction, soppy stuff, rain, being treated like a muppet.
Hi All

I have just had my fourth attempt at the John Radcliffe cardiology department, to clear one of my main arteries. This has been going on for 1 1/2 years or so, and they still can't do it. The other artery was fixed in April of 2012, but the other is causing problems from the build up of plaque (Not just on your teeth), and the position of the blockage. The last two angio attempts have been 2 hours and 45 minutes under permanent x-ray, that totals about seven hours. No I am not glowing, and not burnt, thank god, but next step is a full on bypass (Gee thanks Doc).

If you people out there in Diabetic land ever do anything to help your life, please, STOP SMOKING. :sick:

I have been type 1 since 1994, but I still could not get rid of the dreaded fags, I stubbornly carried on with no care in the world, because I just could not give up cigarettes. I was totally stupid, and idiotic to think I would be okay, but eventually I did stop. :mrgreen:

How I did it after 30 years of full on smoking, was going to a hypnotherapist in Thame in Oxfordshire, and what she cleverly does is explain why, what and when we do it, and everything, even after the long explanation I had kinda stopped, and then it was into the trance stuff and I was away with the fairies :wink: It then took me seven days to quit totally.

I would save you all from the pain and agony of what i am going through at the moment, my last heart surgery was on Friday 23rd August, and that as mentioned before, failed again.

The abject misery, pain and worry is never worth it. You only gain from quitting. You have more money in your pocket for a start, almost £3000 a year, you can start the long process of getting your body back to normal health, and for me, my children always want a hug and a smoochy kiss with me as I no longer smell like tramps trousers in the rain. The car smells like a car should, and not like a disgusting old ash tray, and I don't cough up rubbish in the morning, I can taste my food, and I don't get colds any more.

PLEASE JUST TAKE A MINUTE TO THINK ABOUT THIS FOLKS

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mickeythehood,

I hope many people read what you have written and take heed.

I wish you a successful operation and good health with your family.

Roy. :)