1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Smoking

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by taxi lee, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse · Well-Known Member

You might have been misdiagnosed with Type 2 diabetes rather than LADA which eventually needs insulin but has a slow onset https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_lada.html

The smoking cessation might have been a coincidence. I would see your GP and discuss it with them.

2. taxi lee

taxi lee Type 2 · Active Member

Mazza. I got my A1c down to 46 after 6 months of being diagnosed.. first diagnosis was 94.. then kept it pretty stable for over a year.. and now it's just crept back up.

3. taxi lee

taxi lee Type 2 · Active Member

I will mention this to doctor. I'm back there in 2 weeks.. thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  4. mazza 2

mazza 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done, that's great. Like others have said it could just be a co-incidence. Obviously stress and worry can have an effect of blood sugars but it does seem to have gone very high. What sort of readings are you getting before and after meals. I did read some research which stated blood sugars can increase for up to 3 years after stopping smoking. As I say mine did get higher for the first 6 months after stopping. Anyway, it's best to rule out LADA or other things that might be going on, so I suppose it's back to the doctors. I hope you can resolve this soon as I can tell you are very pro-active in looking after your health and I know how disappointing it can be when it doesn't seem to play ball. Take care and let us know how you get on.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook