Smoking !

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Sometimes I dream of lighting up! I thought I was the only one?
12 years ago I gave up after smoking for 20ish years when our daughter was born, I then used lozenges, but got hooked on them! I am now totally nicotine free.
I have only had moments of weakness in my dreams! Having said that I do get cravings very occasionally but it passes quickly.
Its just so crazy - must be those pesky nicotine receptors!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@chrisbug I was interested to read you got addicted to nicotine lozenges as that happened to me too. I got off the lozenges by eating polos but then ate them constantly and felt anxious if I didn’t have any on me! I persevered and it is now 15 years since I smoked a cigarette.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
@chrisbug I was interested to read you got addicted to nicotine lozenges as that happened to me too. I got off the lozenges by eating polos but then ate them constantly and felt anxious if I didn’t have any on me! I persevered and it is now 15 years since I smoked a cigarette.
I got hooked on chuppa lollipops - piled on loads of weight, lost it, put loads on again it was a merry go round!

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Yeah, me to!
I know they have other stuff in them that may not be good for me, but it's the lesser of many evils for me!
As you can see, I don't want to run out, and this is my stash in the garage.

Reactions: gooner10

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Forgot to add this.
20211020_140821.jpg

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@chrisbug I used to have a kitchen cupboard that looked like that! It’s good to know I’m not alone

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The dreaming thing is interesting: I sometimes dream I'm looking through an antique shop at a nice collection of briar pipes, and then I take one and have a lovely smoke walking through a strange town. I have *never* dreamed of sandwiches, chips, burgers, sweets, chocolate or alcohol, but the smokey pipe one comes to me with some frequency. Make of it what you will: I was never even a heavy smoker...

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve already posted on this subject but need to add something I was told by a guy when I was an apprentice , he said your only one fag away from being an addict, even though I’ve packed in I always remember it , it keeps me “ focused”
Good luck to all those trying to pack in, it is difficult but well worth it when you do eventually succeed ! I use to put £5 in a jar every day I packed in amazed how much money accumulated in a short space of time

Jay75

Smoking. Just wondered do any of you continue to smoke ? ( Be honest )
I was dx type 2 dm 9 years ago
For first year I really wanted too stop smoking
I really tried but could not

But then I started vaping
Not had a cigarette for last 8 years