Sneaky injections through clothing?

Type1John:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
A friend of my father used to inject insuline through his trousers in his thigh, for example at the restaurant, and no one ever noticed it. Someone here ever practiced something like that? Of course the sterility of the needle gets lost...
I'd be worried about what your putting the needle through before it goes in your skin. When washing clothes we tend to use products with a lot of chemicals. I can imagine peircing a needle into skin through some freshly washed jeans would cause some sort of exposure to the chemicals seen as though the needle has to come into contact with the clothing. Overtime, i can imagine this may possibly be even harmful and not very sustainable. Of course i have no evidence but thats how i think:) I see a fair few have been injecting through clothes for years so fair play!:)))

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I must admit, i inject through my tights all the time for convenience! :oops: I could never inject through jeans though..surely the needle would just bend?!

jocat44

My 4mm needles are so short and fine don't think they would stand up to going through much, the older ones yes but a lot of clothing would easily take up 4 mm so would barely pierce the skin surely?

Andrew40

I inject through trousers if I am in public (restaurants etc) to save dropping my trousers. Hasn't been a problem for the last 37 years

c18ppy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A friend of my father used to inject insuline through his trousers in his thigh, for example at the restaurant, and no one ever noticed it. Someone here ever practiced something like that? Of course the sterility of the needle gets lost...
I inject through my clothes but only if they are fresh on, trouble is if you bleed it looks a mess. I never inject through work clothes.

thedupuisr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have injected thru a loose weave shirt when at restarants. I make sure the shirt is a dark color in case it does bleed. I do it under the table so nobody sees and flips out. I don't do it often but I have never had trouble.

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I inject through my clothes daily - although if possible will inject onto the skin. Can't always afford to go to the bathroom

anne-H2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, as a newbie here but with Many years of insulin use I have injected through clothes for lot of years. Yes it blunts the needle for sure but when travellling sometimes it is the easiest and most convenient way to inject. Let's not be silly and inject through dirty clothes but the occasional jab, with regular needle changes if/when convenient, should not be scorned. You can get a bleed as other folk have mentioned but leaving the needle there for a few additional seconds does help to reduce this... so I find anyway :) But hey, any practice has to sits comfortably with the individual.

TJR56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why be sneaky? I have habitually injected through clothing and have rarely had a bendy needle (just change the needle) and never an infection. I want to normalise my condition, not make a drama about it.

Jestred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If its for my levimer, I Just take my jeans down where ever I am and Jab up. there may be a bit of an exhibitionist in me ;)

Rachette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've only been diagnosed for just over a year but always inject through clothing, all types and mostly jeans, I use the fine 4mm needles too.