So angry with the hospital and doctors!

coralkay12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I've recently asked to get my h1bac done so I know what it is so they took my bloods and I've been ringing up to see if they are done and they have just told me they didn't test for my h1bac because apparently I had them done 2 months ago which is wrong cause the last time I got them done was in November I'm trying my best to sort my diabetes out and they dot give me support or help another thing I moved hospitals so I got a new consultant I've seen him twice since I moved and now the hospital tells me he isn't there anymore so I have to start all over again with a new consultant which is very hard for me cause I hate explaining my self especially when they don't help in the first place I think the hospitals and doctors need to stand up and take more control and help cause they haven't got a clue!!!!

Reactions: 4 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I've recently asked to get my h1bac done so I know what it is so they took my bloods and I've been ringing up to see if they are done and they have just told me they didn't test for my h1bac because apparently I had them done 2 months ago which is wrong cause the last time I got them done was in November I'm trying my best to sort my diabetes out and they dot give me support or help another thing I moved hospitals so I got a new consultant I've seen him twice since I moved and now the hospital tells me he isn't there anymore so I have to start all over again with a new consultant which is very hard for me cause I hate explaining my self especially when they don't help in the first place I think the hospitals and doctors need to stand up and take more control and help cause they haven't got a clue!!!!
If you had them done in November then they are right because it's only Jan now (2 months). Just stick with us on here and ask questions. We'll help you get on track.

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might of been October but I know they can do it now
If it was Oct then you are due another anytime now. If it was Nov, they don't like breaking routine and would hold out til next month.
Have you got a blood sugar monitor? Are you type 1 or 2?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have reasonable control then a 6 months gap between HBa1Cs is quite normal for T1s. Makes sense as the test and GPs time costs money. If you are worried and your last HBa1C you actually had the results for was not good then insist on another one now.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey sorry to hear this is getting you down.

Getting a HbA1c is a good indicator over a 6-8 week period of your average, however if you really want to get on top of your diabetes then a good monitor will be of more benefit, which are you using currently ? A good monitor such as a Freestyle Insulinx will allow you to download your results onto a computer and chart your readings, otherwise write a diary to gauge your average daily/weekly readings.

Managing diabetes is down to you and making the most of the tools you have to do the best you can do, it's not healthy to get wound up. You haven't specifically said what you are trying to sort - so maybe share your thoughts here with others.

I personally have taken full responsibility and just visit the doctors when things do go wrong and I can't reign them in, it's best to find one nurse/consultant or doctor you can rely on then to help you when you need a push.

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Unless there's a specific reason they normally insist that there's a 3 month gap between Hba1c tests, otherwise the labs won't accept it.

If your on a basal/bolus insulin regime have a look at the following to see if its helpful, its a carb counting course similar to what is taught on the DAFNE course, by all accounts it's very good and should help somewhat if your struggling with adjusting your insulin:

http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
@adrian207
i think possibly she could have been responding to somebody on a topic and put that response on her own profile by mistake.

coralkay12 does not seem to be in a good place emotionally right now and does need us to rally round and be there for her even if her posts are negative.
any of us with this long term chronic illness could potentially have issues on this front depending on the circumstances.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@adrian207
i think possibly she could have been responding to somebody on a topic and put that response on her own profile by mistake.

coralkay12 does not seem to be in a good place emotionally right now and does need us to rally round and be there for her even if her posts are negative.
any of us with this long term chronic illness could potentially have issues on this front depending on the circumstances.
Hi himtoo, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and remove my post. Thanks for your reply.

C

catherinecherub

Hi @coralkay,

I have been reading through your posts and you seem very angry with your diagnosis and the world in general. Have you discussed depression with your Dr? Not all depressed people take to their beds and shut the world out, some pretend they are managing but underneath their emotions are building up like a pressure cooker.

This article may may be of help to you and there are others that you can access at the bottom of the page.

http://www.diabetesexplained.com/diabetic-emotional-issues.html

((((hugs))))

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I'm sorry for the poor medical care Carolkay12 at the hospital, and for whatever reason your counsellor disappeared. It seems that we are having overwhelming problems here in Canada as well. I think I mentioned this before, but wouldn't it be practical to open up specialty clinics for specific illnesses, especially diabetes which has now become epidemic. I think it would actually cost less and be more effective.