So confused

Hotpepper20000

I hope so! I just can’t see the day when I’m not craving for some tuna pasta, I love that and I’m gutted I can’t have that anymore :arghh: but I will get over that and I will get there. I’m having a much more positive day and that’s down to you all! Thank u so much
You can have tuna. With mayo. Yum

Deborah 85

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Joking aside I’m actually having bacon for dinner tonight. Along with chillis, garlic, mushrooms, broccoli, celery etc. Served on raw spinach and covered under an avalanche of grated cheese.
That sounds delicious

M

Member496333

I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but dietdoctor.com has loads of ideas. Really the best strategy is to identify whole fresh ingredients, and then just get creative.

M

Member496333

Oh and never cook anything in vegetable or seed oils. Use butter and animal fats for cooking, olive oil for lower heat stuff or salads/dressings.

Hotpepper20000

Yeah that’s true, I suppose I could just mix some veg in?
Yes.
Also you’ll find that as you cut carbs and up your fat that snackng won’t be something you need to do.
I used to be hungry all the time. Now I usually only eat twice a day. Not sure I eat less if I counted calories but less often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yes.
Also you’ll find that as you cut carbs and up your fat that snaking won’t be something you need to do.
I used to be hungry all the time. Now I usually only eat twice a day. Not sure I eat less if I counted calories but less often.
Me too. Calories? Shmalories!

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah that’s true, I suppose I could just mix some veg in?
I have tuna salad with wasabi & mayo rolled up in lettuce leaves - it's delish :) If tuna casserole is more your thing then you can replace the pasta with cauliflower florets.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Aww sweet corn!! I love that!! :bigtears:
This is why you need a meter! I can now manage a small amount of sweetcorn in a salad without getting a spike. But the only way to find out if you can tolerate it, is to test before you eat sweetcorn (or anything) and test 2 hours later.

Reactions: Deborah 85

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am two years from diagnosis now, and hardcore low carb - except for a couple of bars of high cocoa chocolate a month.
Crisps or cake would not be a temptation - I did try a chip the other day - just to see, and wondered why anyone would want to eat them - I just can't get my head around 'treat' these days. Now a half a bag of sweet and crunchy salad, with tuna or eggs and cheese, coleslaw and tomato - radishes and a few sticks of celery - yum.
Oh - and real coffee with very thick cream - not as a treat but every day.
Ha! We get the good stuff - really we do.
And get thinner whilst we are at it too (snigger) so the only disadvantage is having to buy new clothes in smaller sizes.
Hang on - that doesn't seem quite right....

Reactions: Alison Campbell

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once your numbers are down, you could revisit some foods. I found my tastes changed after a while.