So I have been MIA for a bit but I have a REALLY good excuse :)

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
I've been working on research for my essay (1500 - 2000 words) on the 1970's.

Now I've been trying to sort out a way of putting EVERYTHING that happened down. so I watched this GREAT series called 'The 70's' by the BBC, absolutely fantastic and really helped me with defining some of the most important events that helped to shape that time.

ANNNYWAYS. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to really sort out everything from that time because it's such a broad term 'research the 70's' there isn't anything significant, nothing to hone in on like say, exploring the punk movement etc. so it's been pretty intimidating to approach.

I went on a mass writing binge this weekend after pulling together all my notes and such and the final word count on that puppy was over 5500.......

I don't think I'm going to have a problem doing the essay now. I saw my learning support teacher today who was awesome, we went thru what I had done and she said I did it right and that it was really good and very detailed :)

I cried! no one's ever praised me with regards to written work in an academic sense before.

I still have a bit more I need to look into tomorrow and add but yeah, feeling pretty chuffed with myself :)

AND that was despite the kitchen getting ripped out, power cut's, flooding and being quite ill after screwing up my med's cycle (you loose one night of sleep and it's game over *sigh*)

only down side to today was my best friends little girl, whom I haven't seen for a week or two was on the bus and sat next to me, we had a catch up and she gave me half her chocolate bar, i didn't even think, I just munched on it before she put her hands to her mouth and went uh-oh, your not suppose to have that! it was 8.00am, I blame not being awake :) STILL totally worth it for the huggles I got :D

Reactions: 7 people

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done for writing a great essay And I hope you manage to finish it soon!

As for the chocolate - a little now and again won't matter!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Very impressive captainpixie, you deserve all the praise you've been given.....and more.

All the very best to you and your future.

Keep smiling, it's worth it. :)

willie.

Reactions: 2 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Just caught up with this post Cap'n. I had to smile though at someone doing an essay on the 70's, not for any amusing reason except that that was my era! I was born in 1952 so that by the 70's I was a teen and doing all the teen stuff except I mucked it up completely by getting married in 1972. I was only 19, what on earth was I thinking?! Ah well, a lot of water has gone under a lot of bridges since then for sure :)

Great work on getting all that research collated and presented love. Good Luck with it and I hope that you are feeling terrific! :D