So my appendix burst

Weehotty

So for quite a wee while now my sugars have been high so was on meds to bring it down .. last Wednesday my appendix decided it was for the off and burst ( I thought it was my ibs ) and so after a few days in hospital.. now heres the miracle ..

my sugars have been normal / reasonable ever since - so ive stopped my meds ! Got up yesterday they were sitting 6.0 !!! Today 7.1 After meals 8 ish ..

could my appendix being inflamed be the reason for my dodgy sugars ??

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Infections and illnesses can certainly increase blood levels so sounds quite possible

hope you are well now!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So for quite a wee while now my sugars have been high so was on meds to bring it down .. last Wednesday my appendix decided it was for the off and burst ( I thought it was my ibs ) and so after a few days in hospital.. now heres the miracle ..

my sugars have been normal / reasonable ever since - so ive stopped my meds ! Got up yesterday they were sitting 6.0 !!! Today 7.1 After meals 8 ish ..

Certainly an infection, or lots of inflammation can raise blood sugars.

My suggestion would be that you keep a keen eye on your blood sugars, just in case they start creeping upwards again - particularly if you are currently taking antibiotics, to deal with any residual infection from your burst.

I do hope this improvement is permanent for you.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh yes, that would do it! Glad you are feeling better!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Delighted you are feeling better and you found the cause of your problem.
Hope things continue to stay steady and improve even more. :)