So stuck, so stuck now, sun shining but stuck here

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
Hi Guys, i have T2 have been diagnosed for a few years, my Memory is not very good, i do not know though if its the Diabetes, the Strokes, the Heart attacks the depression, the Angina or what, and it makes me feel so bad, yes i can remember almost 60yrs ago my first day at school, yet when i try to remember what i done yesterday/last week, my head hurts, my head goes fuzzy like i have sunglasses on top, but my head is blank, what am i to do, all i get from the doctor is either more pills or "Its the side effects of the medication", i am on 30 pills a day.
I am due to go for help with DLA form, yet i do not even know what effects me in what way anymore, what if its just the pills that are effecting me, effecting my head/memory, i probably will not even be able to cope with the form, even with Help, it would seem this is what Government want, put people off before they even get started.
All i want is to be able to go visit my Grandchildren when i want, and not have to wait for my Daughter and my son to bring them to me maybe twice a year (if i am lucky) i cannot even get any help with travel to hospital, for blood tests, only quarter mile up road, but taxi wants 4.50 there 4.50 back, cant afford it anymore £9 if i have to go doctors it is same again nearly 20 i cannot do it anymore, i have tried "Dial a ride" they charge, cannot afford it, bus is hard to get to, all i want is some help to get out of the house, maybe once a week, cant even get shopping, someone has to come in "when they get time" if they get time, cant even go get my electric Key, its over a mile away, yes i am stuck in a hole and see no way out now.
No more fishing (my main pastime in past, along with grandchildren)

Jim

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Oh Jim..I wish I knew what to say as you're getting such a raw deal at the moment and you sound like a man who REALLY wants to still enjoy life and get out and about,albeit with a little help which it doesn't sound like you're getting,even though you are very deserving of it-That's what's DLA's supposed to be for,to give you financial assistance so you can choose the help you need.Please still get the help filling in the form as you SO need that extra help.

I REALLY wish you well and hope that things improve for you.

My very best.

Paul

SweetHeart

Jimmy, ask your doctor to run some routine blood tests - your memory problem could be down to your diabetes, or it could be a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Doctors are a bit hot on memory problems and this might be something easy to sort out. I know it costs a lot of money to get to the doctors, could you possibly register at a nearer surgery? (if there is one)

Ju

Defren

SweetHeart said:
Jimmy, ask your doctor to run some routine blood tests - your memory problem could be down to your diabetes, or it could be a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Doctors are a bit hot on memory problems and this might be something easy to sort out. I know it costs a lot of money to get to the doctors, could you possibly register at a nearer surgery? (if there is one)

Ju

Funnily enough I have just replenished my almost empty supplies of Vitamin B12. I started to take it with a myriad of other vitamins and supplements, which I started at different times. I noticed that the starting of the Vit B12 coincided with my memory and head feeling a lot clearer. A Vitamin D spray gave me a huge energy boost.

Jim. I fully agree with the advice here from Jules. Try the Vitamin B12, it very well may help, and even if it doesn't you haven't lost anything. On top of that I would also speak with your GP again, even if it's a telephone consultation and tell him/her that you simply can't go on like this and you need help fast.

Good luck.

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you guys and Girls for your Heart felt replies they are much needed at this time, i will look B12, it would appear a good vitamin for those that are unable to stick to a healthy diet (not a substitute mind) also good for those that have problem with weight loss or lack of because of their Angina, i will check it out and fingers crossed it will be ok to take with all my other medications, including "Warfarin 8mg" everyday.

Thank you all
Jim

Defren

jimmyr said:
Thank you guys and Girls for your Heart felt replies they are much needed at this time, i will look B12, it would appear a good vitamin for those that are unable to stick to a healthy diet (not a substitute mind) also good for those that have problem with weight loss or lack of because of their Angina, i will check it out and fingers crossed it will be ok to take with all my other medications, including "Warfarin 8mg" everyday.

Thank you all
Jim

You're welcome, your post just touched the old heart strings. I wish I could do more to help you in a practical way.

Take care of yourself, and shout if you need anything.

Joanna.

wendle

hey jim

my god, u do sound in a bad way love. u know, u really need to get claiming DLA and also see if u can get direct payments to employ someone to take u out and do a bit of shopping for u. i dont entirely know the ins and outs of it but im sure if u speak to someone at social services then they will help u out. i hope the B12 works for u.
ur not alone and there are people out there who will help u.

all the best

wendy

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks again Guys.
And wendle, yes after reading lots of posts, i feel that there are lots that are worse off than me, i feel that i am feeling sorry for myself, maybe i am.
I just want to get out of this place, i would love to go fishing again, i could not even manage that anymore, don't know if its the T2 or from my last stroke lol, (three now) and this is the type of thing that has me worrying, i really do not know what is effecting what, as said my head is really empty, feels like a Malteser lots of air pockets with all database deleted, i have no noise of thought going on, even to try to think my head goes numb, maybe i have finally lost the plot altogether.

I can walk if i use my walking stick, but it hurts my Hip, hurts my arm, hurts my Legs, as said don't know if its my strokes or Diabetes, or any of the other Ailments i have, i do know that i am "High risk factor" for more Heart Attacks, if i go to doc he says i am feeling the way i do because of side effects of Meds, (so he gives me anti depressant tabs) so is he saying that i have to feel like this for the rest of my life, because i really do not want that, what life is that.

Jim

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jim,
Are you taking statins?
My Mum was on Simvastin for 5 years and before she stopped taking them she had trouble with 'brain fog' and had trouble with her memory. Now after refusing to take them anymore she says her head feels much clearer and her memory is getting back to normal.

Just a thought.
Hope you get it all sorted soon, good luck.
Angie

wendle

jim

i wasnt having a dig. i always say to people who are having a rough time that, yeh there are people worse off than u but they arent going through what u are and youve every right to have a good old rant and vent your frustrations. please dont take what i said the wrong way. i really do hope u get sorted out with everything.

wendy x

WhitbyJet

Jimmy, so sorry to read your story, wish I could do something for you. Who wouldnt be depressed if they were in your current situation, but there must be some way of making you better, helping you along to solve some issues.
I wonder, do you have a Social Worker? Call your GP surgery, make it a double appointment, this gives you a bit more time to talk, then explain exactly as it is, perhaps your GP can make a referral to Social Services. A SW might be able to link you in to other services so that you are not so isolated any more, can help you with that dreaded DLA form, if you feel its too much to complete even with help then complete it in stages, you dont have to do it all in one go. A SW can also advise you on any other benefits that you may be able to claim, even if its a one off payment from somewhere, and that includes some charities.
All this upset and worry is no good for you at all, but you know that already anyway, so what else can you do to try and lift the mood, what is your diabetic control like?
I think that you have been sitting there on your own doing your best to cope with a very difficult situation, go out, shout, be more demanding, get the help you so desperately need, you have deserved it.
Please stay in touch, let us know how you get on, we all care about each other in this forum, I promise you.
Big hug x

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello bellow is the concoction i am taking, one is indeed a statin. this is very bad as i hate taking a tablet for headache before i was put on this lot.
As for DLA they will probably say "he is getting enough out of us already lol"

Morning
Isosorbide mononitrate Trangina XL, x1
Lercandipine x1
Aspirin 75mg Soluable
Repaglinide x1 and half
Metformin 500mg SR x2
Veramipil x1
Lansoprazole x1
Gliclazide x2.

Afternoon
repaglinide x2
Metformin x1
Veramapil x1

six oclock dinner
Metformin 500mg SR x2
Nicorandil x1
Warfarin Blue x2
Warfarin Brown x2
Glictazide x2.

Ten oclock at night
Atorvastatin x1
Repaglinide x 1 and a half
Veramapil x1.

and of course i am also on Venlafaxine 37.5mg antidepressant tablets 2 times a day.

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wendle the thought never crossed my mind " the chance would be a fine thing though" i understood your post in the way it was written, thank you for your concern.
Jim

Defren

jimmyr said:
Wendle the thought never crossed my mind " the chance would be a fine thing though" i understood your post in the way it was written, thank you for your concern.
Jim

Jim, I have sent you a wee private message, go to the top of the page and you will see it says you have a message, just click to open it.

wendle

have u had ur INR tested lately? cos 8mg warfarin seems rather high. perhaps if u see ur doc and ask for a medication review they might be able to reduce some of the meds. just a thought.

glad the post didnt offend u.

wendy x

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi wendle, yes i have it done almost every week, sometimes (very rarely) i get a weeks grace, but there are gus there that only have to go once a month. lucky lot bless them.
i think it is the other pills that mess me up, when i went into Hospital 2 months ago with Stroke, i could not move, i thought well this is it, i was on my own, couldn't get to Phone so reined to the fact of "What will be will be" i just lay on my bed.

Next thing i know is i am waking up next day, my son came to see if i was ok, i told him what had happened and he took me straight to hospital, anyway it turns out stroke was still ongoing, my BP was at 200, they done my Blood sugar level and it was at 18.2, was feeling right out of it, right side as last stroke was very uncomfortable and weak, and of course i also was having Angina attacks.
Yes i was not a happy fella, they apparently have my Angina under control, but still need spray quite often, i do think everything is fighting against each other.
Jim

wendle

my sympathies jimmy. i can only try to understand how it is for u and it sounds rough. but taking that much gtn spray doesnt sound right. i will try and help if i can, although my knowledge is limited. im a dispenser for a well known pharmacy so i do know a teeny bit about meds.
i really hope u get sorted with the DLA. thatll be one less stress off ur mind cos that cant be helping the situation.

take care

wendy x

SweetHeart

Jim,

Just another quick suggestion - your cocktail of drugs is really quite impressive - but has anyone checked that any of the drugs clash? Do any of them taken together have adverse effects? It might be worth asking your doc (could be done over the phone or by email?) or even the pharmacist. The Pharmacist might be your best bet as this is their speciality.

I know I've been prescribed drugs and nobody has checked to see if they can be taken with other long term prescribed meds.

Hang on in there bud!

Ju

Unbeliever

Jim , seems to me you have every right to feel sorry for yourself , Just how much can anyone deal with without some help.

I think you need an urgent medication review. A pharmacist could do this. In fact some will do it nline if you go to the well known Pharmacy chain websites , Boots LLoyds etc you will find one that offers his service as will any chemist or pharmacy,.

Does your doctor's pracice not run a sheme for volunteer drivers to take people to doctor and hospital appointment ? many do these days. You could enquire by telephone.

As others have suggested the Social Servivces should be able to help but so should the Ciizens advice bureau. Again you can contact them from their online site and they will phone you for further information and then decide with you the bes way to proceed . I am sure hey will be able to help you .
You say you are awaiing help with your DLA application so obviously you have contacted someone about this, the CAB are very good at his too but many people would be surprised at how helpful the DLA people themselves are o claimants. Many claimants are put off asking them for help bcause they assume that they are the same people who turn you dowm for spurious reasons if you need o go for a medical. that is not rue, You need help in fillng in the form from those who know what is normally accepted. the CAB or the DLA people are best for hat. I am sure you ough o be geting DLA and his non-taable benefit will make an enormouds difference to you.
It can all be sorted Jim Don't despair. You are not asking too much are you?
I know hat rapped feeling you are experiencing. I live in a small village with very infrequen public transport. There are just a feew basic shops and we are a long way from friends and family.
A couple of years ago my husband ruptured his Achilles tendon at the time i wa salmost blind with reinopathy and cataracts. he was on crutches for four months and we would have starved but for the internet. Even ordering food onlline was difficult .
I couldnt go out alone because i couldnt see he couldnt go with me as he couldn't walk .
We are ormally the ones who take care of ohers so no one seemed t realise we needed help. They were just disgrunled hat we couldn' help hem. most of them told us hta hey would be in touch again when my husband was off his cruches,! I can't dive handle money or travel on public ransport alone because of the problems wih my vision.
When we had to go to hospital by taxi it was a £3 round trip. Nighmare!
Ever since I have been afraid of being trapped here again.
I also understood how impossible it is for people to realise just how difficult life can be if you are not mobile for one reason or abnother.
So I can fullly empathise with you Jim.
I ope uyou mange to access all the help you need . It is all out there jim and I hope things improve for you very soon.

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Unbeliever,
The people helping me fill out the form are something to do with the "Disability resource center" apparently this is what they do all day long, i did ask if somebody could come out to me but they could not accommodate me on that one, and no offer of transport, but i think i now have a lift from a family member.

Jim