Software for Insulin usage/blood sugars

Tarkus

Hello,

Does anyone know of software (free would be useful) which would enable me to prepare a chart which would retrospectively show my insulin usage and blood sugar levels.
Software for a simple mind would be more useful than free.

Thanks for any help

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
If you have a meter supplied by Abbott, they will supply you with software. I suspect the other meter suppliers do too
Hana

TheTartanPimpernel

A very simple spreadsheet will suffice. If you don't have Microsoft Office with Excel download the open source OpenOffice (free and almost as good as the MS product) and use the spreadsheet facility within the Calc element. You need to create a table with col a showing the date then grouped columns for each glucose level tested and insulin dose administered. These data can then be graphed as required in a simple form or manipulated so that you can do more interesting statistical analysis using facilities in the package for example to show and test relationships, moving averages or trend analysis etc.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using sugarstats.com for months now and it works nicely.

You need to make sure you change the settings to UK units since it defaults to US but it gives you a good breakdown of Insulin and Sugar levels and is Free :)
If you want track carbs then you need to pay but it seems to work well enough for me since I can update via Web, Email or from my Phone.

You can also share out your data so if you need to contact your DSN then you just give them the URL, again this works great for me since most of the contact I have with my DSN is via email.

Cheers

Andy

MICKYMOO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
There's online health management called my lifestyle advertised on this website!! Free/easy to use etc.

I have been considering getting an iphone and there's amazing software available for that from diabetespilot.com. It's not a free app (£6.99) but looks incredible: vast database of food info/carbs etc, can work out correctional insulin doseages based on parameters inputted, can synch to email and its also available for palm pilots. pc's windows mobile etc etc. My only gripe is that it's not mac compatable :evil: as I would like to use it on my macbook before getting an iphone.

My brother has an iphone so will get him to buy the app, try it and will report back!

There are also loads of different options if you google free diabetes software etc. Abbott do their own version which is for their blood meters. I haven't tried any myself though.

betic

i down loaded a free diary from this link

http://www.splinterware.com/products/idailydiary.htm

just made the first page up with all my requirements, then just cut and pasted entire diary...
all i do now is fill in results each time i do a bloodtest and time and also what i have just eaten in the previous hour or so...
auto saves, very quick and very cheap..
works for me...
it is a good diary tool with no bugs...
enjoy :)