Solo working / RRV ambulance service & type 1 diabetes

Hfisk

Hi all,

Are there any members here that are type 1 and work in the ambulance service, specifically who work as a solo responder on a RRV?

Any input would be great, thank you.

Cheers,
Harry

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,

Are there any members here that are type 1 and work in the ambulance service, specifically who work as a solo responder on a RRV?

Any input would be great, thank you.

Cheers,
Harry
Hi, I’m a trainee paramedic. When I qualify, everyone is expected to to their bit on the RRV, I’ve not heard anything to suggest I’ll be any different. Are you already on the road?

Hfisk

Hi, yes I've been on the road for the last 8 years. Just recently transferred to another area but they are restricting me from solo working/ RRV shifts. Was just wondering if anyone else is in this situation? Which trust are you working for? Cheers

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi, yes I've been on the road for the last 8 years. Just recently transferred to another area but they are restricting me from solo working/ RRV shifts. Was just wondering if anyone else is in this situation? Which trust are you working for? Cheers
I’m in Wales. Tbh I’m not desperate to be working alone - nothing to do with T1 though.