Something that confuses me

iHs

jopar said:
The spirit pump is programmed to so it functions are disabled at 4 years, when it's warranty runs out, it is licenced for 6 years use but to do this you have to have the timer reset by Rouche, then the remaining 2 years are not covered by warranty, as explained here http://www.accu-chekinsulinpumps.com/ds ... cle_80.htm

The Spirit pump was discontinued last year when the Combi was brought in, as yet I haven't heard whether they are going to support the Spirit pump past 2013 when the warranty of the last pumps run out, and the pump has to be reset...

Jo,

Where on the above link does it mention about the pump's functions being disabled at 4 years?

I can't see it for looking :?

jopar

Donnellydogs

I can assure you that my pump isn't a loan one, as it was handed over to me by the rep fully boxed and sealed, as where 3 other pumps to 3 other patients who started pump therapy as the same time, and the rep went through it with us..
From the spirit manual supplied with my pump... The combi might be different though..

Page 149, 10.1.5 Alert A5: Pump Timmer

A5:pump Timer will remind you 60 pior to the end of operation to check your pump's programmed remaining operation..

Page 157 10.2.5 Error E5: End of Operation

When the PUMP TIMER has reached zero, it will change into STOP and will no longer operate. Alert E5: END OF OPERATION will appear on the display.

Note

The Alert A5: PUMP TIMER and the error E5: END OF OPETATION are based on running time (period with pump in RUN) and not on calendar years, your actual warrenty is based upon the date the pump was first purchased.

I think it can be safely said that my pump will stop operating and it will not function....

IHs
If you had done your research on pumps same as I have, you would have know that this is one of the Gripes of the Americans, The americans are supplied with a spare white spirit pump for a back-up pump but this one only has a 180 day timmer on it...

Google it, you find the complaints the timmer is also on their D-trons pumps

iHs

Hi Jo

Thanks for responding. Have now found more detail in my User Guide manual about the W4 end of Lifetime Warning, W5 Pump Timer Warning. The W5 Pump Timer Warning relates to backup pumps only. Accu Chek haven't given me a backup pump so I take it that the W5 warning is not on primary pumps. Have had a look in My Data on the pump and cannot find any info relating to Pump Timer :?:

jopar

Now that is a surprised, as Rouch don't supply a back-up pump in the uk as it's not part of the package... The aremerican package consists of pump, back up pump,BG meter, PDA and managment software!

Rocuhe has lost a lot of ground and propularity in America due to the 'death timer' it had on it's pumps and it hasn't released the Comi pump there, but Rouche is looking to release the Solo tubeless pump Globally in 2012, as they have borught out the manufacuters medingo and are in the process of increassing production to meet anticipated demand...

When my pump is up for renewal, I won't be staying with Accu-Chek, as even though I get along with my spirit pumps which doesn't have all the wizards etc, the up-dates on the Combi isn't enough to make me stay with their pumps, my pump of choice at the moment is the Animas 2020, which was the pump I wanted from the start, but couldn't face anothe lenghthly battle to get the pump of my choice, but excepted the pump that my clinic told me I was going to have..

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
david8233 said:
if there was an ipump everyone would want to be diabetic! ;D
:lol: :lol:

I wish I had an animas 2020 but have been put off them with what happened to my old animas's buttons. Had they not broken I could still be using it :(

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
I have an Animas 2020. what happened to yours

Gary

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the animas pump before the 2020, think 1200 or something. Anyway, the buttons had had so much use they just wouldn't work when you pressed them. You had to use a sharp finger nail to get them to work and was driving me mad. Eventually the rubber broke on the buttons, split and couldn't use it. Then it kept telling me pump not primed every 5 mins and malfunctioned I guess. It was 4 years old though. Just general wear.