Something that works for me . . . could be madness . . . bare with me

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So being T2s we all share a sluggish/blunted/poor phase 1 insulin response.
Even Prof Roy Taylor noted in his 2 year Direct follow up that although those still in remission had a similar maximal insulin secretion rate their phase 1 response was about 50% of the non-diabetic control group.

With this in mind I've been conducting an experiment of late, I have my usual dessert, a 12g carb yogurt, about 30 mins before my main carb meal of the day.
I think of it as priming the pumps so to speak, start the insulin flowing before the main event.
I have noticed a sharp decrease in my postprandials.

Perhaps something you might try.
I like to know if you achieve similar success.

Reactions: Mezza n

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve heard of this years ago, we should eat dessert before our meal not after, interesting that your testing the theory with success. Nice work

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even Prof Roy Taylor noted in his 2 year Direct follow up that although those still in remission had a similar maximal insulin secretion rate their phase 1 response was about 50% of the non-diabetic control group.

With this in mind I've been conducting an experiment of late, I have my usual dessert, a 12g carb yogurt, about 30 mins before my main carb meal of the day.
I think of it as priming the pumps so to speak, start the insulin flowing before the main event.

I'm hoping you tried or will try without the yoghurt at all as well?
Keeping everything else the same of course.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It won't work for me!
I tried every each way to not produce more insulin. Failure at every attempt.

My initial or first phase insulin response is really low.
There is meds out there, such as Gliptin, help with first phase.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

There are a lot of articles like this....
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-diabetes-carbs-last-idUSKCN1C32J9
I have also seen a video of an experiment in China or Japan of students eating their rice after their meal, to reduce glucose spikes but I can't find it.