Sorry For The Specificness

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
but does anyone know off hand of anything with around 1.5-1.6g carb? I'm fed up of cream cheese and looking for something else, any suggestions welcomed and appreciated, tia :) xx

D

Deleted Account

Unfortunately, no.
But as has been discussed previously, the measurements of carbs/100g and our BG meters are not very accurate.
Therefore, your search might be extended with little impact if you go for 1 to 2 ( or dare I say 3) g.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
KP salted peanuts @ 1.7g per 30g 1.5g of which are sugars with a slower uptake with the 15g fat.

Reactions: paganlady

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not interested in nuts as a substitute I'm afraid as I also have a Nature Valley protein bar at the same time, sorry should've mentioned that in original post xx

Reactions: kev-w

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plain yoghurt, maybe with some nominal amount of low carb fruit to make it more interesting?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or what about one of those cheeses that have fruit in, like a Stilton with apricot, or something, no idea how much you'd have to eat to get the right amount of carbs, but it might be fun finding out.

That idea has made me hungry.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plain yoghurt, maybe with some nominal amount of low carb fruit to make it more interesting?
Most yoghurts have far more carbs than 1.5g alone let alone adding fruit, there is only 1 yoghurt that I know of with that nutritional information x

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or what about one of those cheeses that have fruit in, like a Stilton with apricot, or something, no idea how much you'd have to eat to get the right amount of carbs, but it might be fun finding out.

That idea has made me hungry.
There aren't many fruits I'd have as they are far too carby, I have a problem with eating too since being diagnosed so things aren't easy x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Half an avocado? That’s about 1.5g...

Or olives, a hard cheese, or a hard boiled egg maybe?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Peas? What role do you want this food to fulfill? what are you hoping to get from it, what sort of food do you want?

Reactions: paganlady

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Peas? What role do you want this food to fulfill? what are you hoping to get from it, what sort of food do you want?
Where are you finding peas at 1.5g like? Its something to go alongside a sandwich, fulfil me from dropping too much from my dinner to my tea, and I don't know what that's why I'm asking for suggestions xx

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
According to the book I was given last time I went to the hospital, 125g of natural yoghurt has 10g or carbohydrates. Most small pots of it have about that much in.

Or 3 fish fingers. 4g of carbs each, according to the book, it's by Diabetes UK, and has photos of all the food on plates, so you get a real sense of portion size.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yes it would trust me, my dinner is usually 42g ish, and I don't do avocado as I said x
I edited to say that you can’t taste the avo, but you must have beaten me to it with your reply! It just there to make it moist. But if you’re allergic to it, that’s a different thing, obviously.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Maybe try to find a different bread that fits your desired carb need for that meal, or substitute the protein bar for something else?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
According to the book I was given last time I went to the hospital, 125g of natural yoghurt has 10g or carbohydrates. Most small pots of it have about that much in.

Or 3 fish fingers. 4g of carbs each, according to the book, it's by Diabetes UK, and has photos of all the food on plates, so you get a real sense of portion size.
Yes which is much more than the 1.5g I'm looking for :confused: