sorry - not been online for ages, but .........

welshbunny

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow we must be close, I live just west of Cardiff Airport, at St. Athan.

w/bunny

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Have been making the almond meal coffee cup muffins for some time now and love to vary them with the use of essences like coconut, orange blossom, lemon.
Now I have reached my target weight I have been experimenting lots for treats and at Christmas time could find nothing that came close to a pudding. So I made a trifle.
Made plain almond meal muffins and sliced them, lined individual glasses with the slices, layered some frozen raspberries over so juice would soak up in the muffin slices. Sprinkled capful dry sherry over then some chopped diet jelly. Pour over an uncooked marscapone custard, chill and top with a little grated 85% chocolate! Very special!! Even had one for breakfast. Decadent or what?!!!!

carolynjw

sounds fab and well done on your weight loss!

I have been eating the blueberry coffee cup muffins for the past 2 days for tea. My first day back at work went well.......

The diabetic nurse was pleased this morning and has changed my lantus to levemir. I am going back next week for another checkup.

My GP has decided to keep me on the sertraline for now.

Thanks for all the help guys

carolyn x

carolynjw

woo hoo! :D Just wanted to let you know I have just come back from the hospital and have lost 3 lb since last week. My blood sugars have reduced and so has my insulin. I have had my hba1c taken and will get the results next Tuesday, but all-in-all, my nurse is very pleased with me. I told her I was on low carbs and she was happy with that. Her only comment was to be careful with my insulin doses as I may find I am taking too much!

Thanks guys - will keep you updated.

Carolyn x

carolynjw

well, had my hba1c result this afternoon, and it is now 7.6 (from 8.8 in November) so the low carbing is definitely working. Thanks everyone for your support - I couldn't have done it without you all! :D

Carolyn x

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
well done :D
keep up the hard work

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carolynjw,

Well done on the weight loss and improved hba1c. :)

Nigel