Soups and stews please

Male1960T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you roast a chicken fill the carcase with carrot onion and potatoes.
It keeps the meat moist, roast breast side down then turn over to brown the top before serving.
Once the carcase is left, drop it in some water to cover, add a stock cube if you want and simmer with those veggies still in the chicken.
It makes a great stock.
Potatoes ,Onion, carrot and celery, seasoned to taste makes a great veg stock.
If you can find shin beef if cooked long and slow it really is very tasty and the long cooking tenderises it.

Male1960T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So true! For years, I have started chopping onion an garlic while I thought about what to make for tea...only to discover that onion in everything may well have been part of my growing trouble of increasing my blood sugar! Fortunately, I can still have a little, so now I chop a half o a quarter onion while I decide what to make. ;)
Chives ? A pack of seeds is around 30-40p in lidle at the moment, grow on a window box or pots.

Grandma Misti

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Chives ? A pack of seeds is around 30-40p in lidle at the moment, grow on a window box or pots.
Thank you, Male! I should try that come spring! (It's almost mid-winter here at the moment. A little cool and dark for starting seeds.)