Spiking on Fruits !!!

O

oh_dear_me

Of course, why should you but like I said, T2’s can’t cover their food with insulin so cereal is an exceedingly bad idea for them. Cereal is a bad idea full stop! Even my grandchildren don’t have it, nasty stuff.
I'll have to slightly disagree with you there I'm afraid. Not all cereal is "bad full stop". That may be your view which you are perfectly entitled to of course ;)
I'm finding this forum so argumentative at times which saddens me. Low carb is good! I have no disagreement there as it has worked for me...however we are all different and we all have different ideas on what works for "us". Very strict low carb is not everyones idea of the right way to go. I have a bowl of Liz's granola if I fancy breakfast 22g of carbs in a 50g bowl...works for me (no spike) and I feel so much better with some fiber in my diet.
Each to their own as they say!

Reactions: Struma

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll have to slightly disagree with you there I'm afraid. Not all cereal is "bad full stop". That may be your view which you are perfectly entitled to of course ;)
I'm finding this forum so argumentative at times which saddens me. Low carb is good! I have no disagreement there as it has worked for me...however we are all different and we all have different ideas on what works for "us". Very strict low carb is not everyones idea of the right way to go. I have a bowl of Liz's granola if I fancy breakfast 22g of carbs in a 50g bowl...works for me (no spike) and I feel so much better with some fiber in my diet.
I like this and it doesn't spike me, the down side is my family love it too but in far bigger bowls than me - they also sprinkle it on their ice cream, so I have to hide it - then I forget about it, then find it out of date at the back of the cupboard :banghead::)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was a granola addict. Cereal with milk or a handful dry, granola bars, you name it. Sadly those days are gone. Not only for bs but I don’t digest grains.
It is a missed food for sure