Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Hi ,

Why is my blood sugar spiking so HIGH?? I have the same Breakfast most days and some days it spikes higher than others. Why is this? Is it normal? I am SICK of it tbh!!
IMG_2318.png

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What was your blood sugar from a finger prick test? Cgm's are only designed to be accurate between 4 and 10, so readings outside of this should be checked with a blood test.

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
What was your blood sugar from a finger prick test? Cgm's are only designed to be accurate between 4 and 10, so readings outside of this should be checked with a blood test.
I don’t know as I didn’t do one. Although I have just done a finger prick before my dinner and my blood sugar was reading 6.6 on my meter and my cgm is currently 6.5
IMG_2324.png

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
I thought it was pretty normal for T1s to have levels all over the place as you work out what your insulin needs are. (Disclaimer, not a doctor).
(edit to remove reference to deleted posts on insulin resistance)

Last edited:

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
I thought it was pretty normal for T1s to have levels all over the place as you work out what your insulin needs are. (Disclaimer, not a doctor).
I’m seeing my Diabetes Nurse tomorrow. Hopefully she can give me some answers and maybe adjust my insulin doses!

(mod edit of quoted post)

Last edited by a moderator: