Split dose of meds excellent results

kandj

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. I have been struggling to get my readings down, and after discussion last week with my diabetic nurse, we decided to split my Humulin. I into two doses, plus the fast acting at dinner....the readings are now down to 6 and 7 fasting, which is great.

I have problems with reactions to medications and was reluctant to switch to a new one which lasted longer, pretty sure she will be happy next week with the readings this simple change has made.

I don’t post very often but do read the forum ....thank you to everyone who posts as it helps.....I was diagnosed type 2 over ten years ago, but last year things had got so bad ...fasting 14 on a good day, a serious reaction to metformin and also no real change to readings later, insulin was suggested and it speaks for itself .... more clinicians are now saying type one, or the LADA ? Need to do more research on that.

Take care all

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @kandj ,

Glad to hear things have gotten a little better on the BG front with just a simple dosage split.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: karen8967

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You must be delighted at such an immediate difference to your test results. It is bound to make a big difference to how you feel in future. I know what you mean about bad reactions /severe side-effects of medications. It makes me hesitate to change from something which I know I can tolerate to something different which might theoretically be better, but may actually make things worse. It's nice to read 'we decided'' in your message. So many HCPs just make decisions for us, but don't listen to any of our concerns. This nurse is one of the exceptions.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
LADA is type 1. It is just a description people use to explain the slower onset when you are older.

I also react really badly to at least 50% or more of any medication that is ever tried on me. Every diabetics medication I reacted badly to, although part of that was I was misdiagnosed too and needed insulin. But I just wanted to tell you I have never reacted badly to any insulin at all. Insulin isn't really the same thing as a medication trying to control or change something, it's more along the lines of what we're supposed to be making ourselves.