Sporty Forty.e t

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Yep, did the full 11 non-stop yesterday! Th culmination of a frustrating project meeting ...

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm going to start a new post. Step up for Santa. Its about 9 weeks to Christmas.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ive started the new post ...step up for santa.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi I completed a survey on DCUK about type 2 diabetes , , diet and activities. They emailed me yesterday and asked if they could phone me. Is it ok if I discuss our successes? I am really proud of our successes but don't want to say anything that will make anyone uncomfortable.
The survey people are asking about symptom control with diet and activities. It might be good to get the lower carb info out there.
If you don't want me to talk to them about us please let me know. X

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I completed a survey on DCUK about type 2 diabetes , , diet and activities. They emailed me yesterday and asked if they could phone me. Is it ok if I discuss our successes? I am really proud of our successes but don't want to say anything that will make anyone uncomfortable.
The survey people are asking about symptom control with diet and activities. It might be good to get the lower carb info out there.
If you don't want me to talk to them about us please let me know. X

That would depend on what they wanted to know.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Its only about how diabetes has changed my life and how ive become healthier through our group and lower carb. Nothing that will be contentious. I was going to mention how we support each other and keep each other going...none of the personal stuff though.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its only about how diabetes has changed my life and how ive become healthier through our group and lower carb. Nothing that will be contentious. I was going to mention how we support each other and keep each other going...none of the personal stuff though.

Hi Jamrox,

Sorry, didn't mean that to be grumpy. You have encouraged so many of us, and that is a tremendous achievement of which you should be proud. Knowing you you will be very modest though.

What I would be wary of is that journalists tend to ask loaded questions and are selective about which of your responses they use. I have had experience of being asked if I would be interviewed, but it was to suit their agenda, i.e. 'Poor fat girl, ate too many pies and chips, guilty of causing diabetes, was miserable and lazy, then tried our diet product, and hey life is perfect now'. I have even seen this tactic used to promote a cancer charity. A friend who was in remission was asked to give an account of how chemo had been so dreadful, all the social events she had to miss, and how miserable she was until the charity supported her. It was untrue.

So maybe I am just too cynical for my own good. Sing loud about the achievements on here, because you started something and others joined in to inspire. Encourage and support. Bravo one and all!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Don't worry Pipp I didn't take offence or anything . Im glad you questioned what it was . I wasn't very clear.
The survey was on the DCUK site , ran by DCUK staff. They work with journalists , they aren't journalists , the want patient stories for the media. Ive know how journalists "distort" the facts for their own ends.

Promise I'll be careful. I value our group too much. Funny how people I've never met are important to me xx

sshaw99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@zand so glad to hear you re feeling better.
@sanguine now you are making me homesick .I grew up near there
Infact my brother in laws East Stanley infant and junior school was pulled down and rebuilt in Beamish museum.

I'm within walking distance of Beamish (well during summer!). Never been there for years though. Probably about time I get myself back sometime soon.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Oh sshaw I used to walk there in the summer too ,about 5 miles