Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Been more careful today. Hopefully will feel better tomorrow. I 'm off work this week on holiday , just going to chill at home and get back on track . Thanks again for being there xxx and big HUGS.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Big hugs to you Jamrox. We all have not so good days or weeks - what matters is that we don't beat ourselves up about them, but just start over as soon as possible. This is for life until someone invents the bionic pancreas so we owe it to ourselves to keep plodding onwards.

Not been so great exercise wise here last few days. Nothing on Thursday as busy with batch cooking and then only managed 25 minutes yesterday as went out for drive and walk but heavens opened so walk didn't happen.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I have not posted for a couple of days but I have had a terribly swollen and painful knee on same leg as my new hip. The doctor seems to think as my walking is strained it has set off my knee and I will eventually need a new knee as well !! She has prescribed tramadol for a week to see how it goes but at the moment no difference so am really fed up at moment. Going to have a quiet weekend with my feet up to see if it helps x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear Connie. Out of frying pan into fire then. Hope it eases soon.

Ive just done 21 mins peddling and will do rest after dinner. Currently lying on bed with broom handle trying to unfreeze frozen shoulder and tight back.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear Connie. Out of frying pan into fire then. Hope it eases soon.

Ive just done 21 mins peddling and will do rest after dinner. Currently lying on bed with broom handle trying to unfreeze frozen shoulder and tight back.
Poor you I know the pain of a frozen shoulder it hurts !! Whoever said exercise was good for you !!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
We are all crocks lol.
Im feeling a bit better. Walked to my opticians this morning ..shut!
Went to get nails done in 3 different places ..full
Anyway got lovely bacon and went for long lunch with my friends .

Tomorrow will walk then get ready for Dublin on Monday while watching Emmerdale . Im up to 11th August

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...oh dear everyone's in the wars, wishing you all well...

Weather has been lousy most of the week so only went lunchtime walking two times, didn't post about it as same old same old!! Been doing indoor exercise the rest of the time, body blade, hula hoop and skipping but prefer being outdoors.

Blimey @Jamrox you've a way to go re Emmerdale...:hilarious:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Away at my Dad's but got a 40 minute walk in yesterday. Another hectic week and another weekend away to come ...

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Walked around Silverburn shopping centre and bought 2 size 14 dresses :) Trousers are now 12 but dresses 14.
Now going to pack

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
so i managed 35 mins on bike yesterday- will claim the other five minutes in cat duties. I don't normally sit downstairs in kitchen when Mr E in, but as he was out, I did( we are very anti-social at times in this house- he is always doing important stuff at night on computer!) - cats were in and out constantly - no sooner had I sat back down than one of them was at kitchen window staring to be back in. In end I went t bed out of way.
Today we were out so only managed a 20 minute walk.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been exercising, above and beyond call of duty. Just ben too tired to report in. Turning into a gym junkie! :D

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a skivver today. Did five minutes on bike waiting for bath to fill then 20minutes walking round town and ten minutes physio type exercises and bit of arm weight work.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I have been exercising, above and beyond call of duty. Just ben too tired to report in. Turning into a gym junkie! :D

Good addiction to have.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Up at the office today for three days, so that means ... THE STAIRS (duh duh duhhhhhh).

Last time I got to the 8th floor before resting (out of 11) - will see if I can do the whole lot now :wideyed:

Reactions: 3 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
In Dublin still, visiting lovely family. Walked in a couple of parks for ages.

Had a lovely day xxx

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
washed bathroom floor and paintwork( both by hand as who can be bothered trying to get mop round toilet bowl), then whizzed round Aldi at a brisk pace. Going for a peddle when dinner settles.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gaahh! Had to rest at 8 again - although I had been on a walk into town just before. Will try again tomorrow.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be resting at 1 so you are doing miles better than me. I hate stairs as they set my panic attacks off- sort of Pavlovian response.

Did 15 minutes on bike after dinner so got my 40 minutes in, one way or other.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
We walked around Stillorgan this morning then flew home .Absolutely shattered.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cleaned window in junior's bedroom ( small panel sash so too ages to get into every corner ) and washed down paintwork. Then 30 minutes walking.