Spud Lite Lower Carb Potatoes Available Again.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 308541

For the Australian members, Spud Lite lower carb potatoes are back on sale at Woolies after a lengthy absence from the shelves They are still $5.00 bag for a 1½ kg bag.

I am going to cook some of them and let them cool down and put them in the fridge, then reheat thm when I need them.

P3a5CbY.jpg

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
How are they grown to be 25% lighter carbs? Are the potatoes just 25% smaller??
Do they have any name of the actual spud??

D

Deleted member 308541

How are they grown to be 25% lighter carbs? Are the potatoes just 25% smaller??
Do they have any name of the actual spud??
They most probably are GM, but they are normal size spuds.

I do not know any of the spuds names, but these are white skinned ones

Norman Stanley

Have you actually done any before and after blood glucose levels with these potatoes? Would you mind posting your results please? I did and found that my blood sugar went up around 2.6 mmol/L after eating 200 grams (6.1 to 8.7), ruling them out as a part of my diet for now - I usually get very little rise (if any) from the foods I eat. 100 grams had only a slight effect - up 1.1 mmol/L.

I will be retesting the effects of them after I get my freestyle libre sensor to try to determine if they cause less spikes when prepared in different ways and when eaten with different foods and I'll post my results on the forum once they are complete. I will be checking for the idea of making the starch resistant by cooling them as well to various degrees, eating them cold vs rewarmed and so on. I will also be trying this with a whole bunch of other foods and drinks plus various sweeteners. Hopefully the data (while only a small sample size) will provide some useful numbers.

D

Deleted member 308541

Have you actually done any before and after blood glucose levels with these potatoes? Would you mind posting your results please? I
I think I posted them when I first started but not real certain I did or not.

I am using a different phone now so I cannot go back on the old phone to have a look as I factory reset it.

When I reheat the two spud lites I normally eat, my readings are good after my meal.