Start attending the gym

Hi, I am going to start exercising from the begining of October.

Please let me know what type of training would be the best for 20yo, thin girl? Cardio, FBW or Split? I want to burn my body fat

Kind regards, Christine

D

Deleted Account

You say you are thin and want to burn fat so I assume you want to tone your body without losing weight.
From my experience a mix of cardio and resistance training achieves this although it does depend on the look you are after. For example, you could go for full on weight training if you want well defined abs, etc.
Cardio only risks losing too much weight. But weights/resistance training is best achievement even with some guidance if your u have particular areas you want to focus on. Ask the supervisors/instructors at your gym. At any good gym, they will be happy to advise.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Christine,

I do a variety of exercise types. Although I wouldn't call myself thin I noticed considerable toning with classes like Bodypump over cardio. Annoyingly for me but possibly good for you my weight went up on the scales but I felt and looked more toned - the old concept of muscle weighing heavier than fat I assume.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I am going to start exercising from the begining of October.

Please let me know what type of training would be the best for 20yo, thin girl? Cardio, FBW or Split? I want to burn my body fat

Kind regards, Christine

Hi Christine, and welcome aboard the forum.

Your profile doesn't tell us which type of diabetes you have, which could be helpful as you go along on the forum. You can update it in your account, under your personal details.

I'm assuming as you are 20 an slim that you are T1? If so it is really important that you are comfortable with the idea of adjusting your insulin levels as most T1s seem to suggest that exercise is one of those myriad of things impacting blood levels, and often insulin doses.

Good luck with it all.