Starting Vivs modified Atkins Diet

FractalFragger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi peeps,

Im gonna start Vivs Atkins diet next week and will be prepping for it over the weekend. Are there any tips in products/recipes that i can pick from your brains :)

I have already lost 2 stone in the last 3 weeks by simply cutting out sugary stuff and eating 3 square meals a day with LCHF content, but i want to lose another 9 stone and keep it off.

i am currently 19.8 stone down from 21.4 stone and want to be between 10 and 12 stone to achieve the ideal BMI of `19-25

wish me luck

Mark.

Defren

Well done on the 2 stone loss Mark. There are loads of recipe's on the low carb food forum. Almost all tie in well with Viv's modified diet. I had a huge baking day last Saturday, baked only things from here, then froze it. Makes life low carb easy :D

Lucybelle

Very well done mark on starting vivs diet. I hav been thinking about it for a while but nervous. I too have 5 stone to go to my target. Fasting sugars of 17 this morning. Help!! On insulin pump , which is broken and I'm waiting for a replacement so back on injections. How are you getting on now with the diet. Are you finding it hard?

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Mark, hope you are doing well. You may want to look at Minmins.com, this is a slimming forum which includes every known slimming site. Just register and then go to Forum on the left hand side and then go down to ATKINS. There is a wealth of information there including must have foods and recipes, best of luck x

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi,

Im now on day 3 of this diet, feeling good. My BG numbers have come way down, and are now within the guidelines. So pleased about that! Also have Ketones so must be on my way to losing weight. Got plenty to lose, so it's all good. Just really happy and pleased with myself at the moment. Thanks to everyone here for all the comments, suggestions and receipes that help everyone. Im so glad I found this forum.