1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Statins, glycaemic traits & incident type 2 diabetes

Discussion in 'Non-Diabetic Medication' started by Bogie, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Bogie

Bogie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

An interesting statin-use research article published by the (BPS) British Pharmacological Society - Journals on March 5, 2019.
    https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bcp.13898

I stopped using Statins (Crestor) months ago after reading other medical articles on side-effects and in relationship to T2D. My Endocrinologist keeps on prescribing and insisting that I should be taking Statins (I have a nice supply of Crestor now). Found that discussing it was a waste of time and so I just smile and say OK

Going to print the article (available as a PDF) and secretly place it on her desk next visit :)

I haven't seen any positive comments on the use of Statins and Diabetes, except in older articles/publications.

Are there any proven and positive aspects of using Statins that anybody would want to share?

2. Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. A really interesting article!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook