Statins Increase for diabetics??

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
So stopped taking the statins a month ago...never had any reaction when taking them and not got any changes since I stopped taking them...so are the STATINS good or bad for us I think I will never know but must inform the Doctor when i go to see him as it is a waste of money to keep prescribe them to me if not on them

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I saw the Daily Fail headline the other day was saying that statins help reduce the risk of cancer by 50%. Where do they get that from?
They make it up, like they always have. Simples.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I do take statins all be it reluctantly as I have an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and there are studies that have shown a marginal benefit in statin therapy for this. Otherwise I doubt that I would take them.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This topic was also discussed in anothe thread in the Forum 'Statins - What does the Research say?' i had posted ther my critique of the ASCOT Trials report, which the sponsoting drug company used to justify giving their statin to all and sundry. it is one of the reports that NICE used to justify their guideline. I found that the statistics used did not justify the conlusions drawn in the summary section, and that the conclusions were invalid. in fact the whole statistical analysis method used has been discredited as ' being open to misrepresentaion and misinterpretation'. The textbook i used to check their figures stated this on Page 1 of the book, which stated that the methods described within were to be used for archive purposes only.

Recently a new study has confirmed these same findings,