Stay on the computer and exercise

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The rosemaryconley.tv website has a number of short (7-8 min) exercise videos; aerobic, toning and pilates. They are ideal when you've been sitting on the computer too long ... as long as theres a bit of room in front of the computer to move. You don't have to go anywhere or set up anything else. I've started to do one for every hour I'm on the computer. ( downside is there's a short ad at the beginning of each one which can get annoying if you view several)

I don't want to sound like an advert myself but site has quite a lot of useful, if basic info.There's weight loss advice plus advice from a low fat, low gi perspective. Avice on exercising including a weekly training plan to run your first 5km. There are recipes, and some interviews on a variety of topics including several on diabetes with a person from Diabetes UK and another with Dr Hilary (rather confusingly titled hypoglycaemia and diabetes, it contains a bit about this but mostly his advice on diet...he calls it low carb, but it's really low gi)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I haven't taken a look yet Pheonix, but any exercise taken, be-it siting down or on your feet is beneficial to our health and should be encouraged! :)

Nigel