Stem cells

Larsianer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey i am new to this forum, and i wounder if anyone has experience to the stem cell treatment, i have been talking to a hospital and some doctors in India, they say that they can help me with my diabetes, and that i need about 5-6 injections.after that i will need less insuline, and i will feel much better,is this really true?

Are there anybody here at the forum that knows something, is this a thing i should do???

Regards:Lars

Reactions: 13h

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Researchers are making tremendous strides in research but scientific research and the development of effective treatments takes a long time. They are not there yet.
Unfortunately there are many clinics in various parts of the world making implausible claims about stem cell treatments . My short answer would be to save your money.
This site has been set up by the International Society for Stem Cell research to answer peoples questions about stem cell treatments.
http://www.closerlookatstemcells.org/Stem_Cell_Treatment.html

Larsianer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your reply!
http://www.stemcell.net.in/index.php
thats the url of the hospital/clinic i have talked to, are you sure that i shall not try it,are them a hoax?. i have seen some sick dudes at youtube that is getting better when they use/try them stem cells.and they also have alot of positive comments.
I hope for more reply on my tread

Thanks

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You have 2 big problems with stem cells
1) to programme them to differentiate to be beta cells. This normally happens early in development . Your website doesn't suggest how this is going to happen.
2) In type 1, even if you are able to implant working mature beta cells as is now possible , we cannot protect these against on going autoimmune attack. (look up Edmonton Protocol)
If these people were really able to treat the many varied conditions that they claim to treat then they would be worthy recipients of a Nobel prize
As I said read the link which is written by real researchers in the field. Watch the videos as this one here
edit to get rid of muddled sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larsianer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
so then i should forget about the steem cell treatment in india?...i so want to get better, i need something to hope in..

• Hug
Reactions: filly

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is understandable, but at this time there is sadly no realistic cure for type 1 diabetes. Sorry.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There is no cure yet but that doesn't mean that people living with diabetes can't have a good quality of life. If you read this forum of course you will see people with problems but also see them overcoming them. There are people with a lot of experience who are quite often able to offer suggestions of things that may help.
You will also see people taking part in a wide variety of sports and holding down responsible jobs. We have people on here with 40 or 50 years of living with T1 who still enjoy life to the full.
In the wider world, there have been Type 1 winners of Olympian gold medals, on top of Everest , winning the US coast to coast bike race . In the UK there is a government minister with T1 and in the US, a supreme court judge.

Larsianer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for reply, i have the best life quality i ever could imagine, thats not the problem, i ride them snowmobiles in them high mountains,see the link
And i am stronger than all my friends, the only medicine i do, is insuline, and i get girls home after party,when i want.i got my own company, that i startet some years ago, but if i could be a little better then i could be even longer at the mountain, i could go longer without food, today i can be longer at them high mountains than my friends as it is now, but like i said, i could do so much better!! anyway thanks for reply.

Regards:LArs

Reactions: geekesse

Larsianer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i have talked to them dudes more, cause i so really want to belive that stem cells will help me a little, are the things he say only bs???
i sooo want to have a little hope
stem cells.png

And feel free for add me at facebook for diabetes talk!!

13h

Hey i am new to this forum, and i wounder if anyone has experience to the stem cell treatment, i have been talking to a hospital and some doctors in India, they say that they can help me with my diabetes, and that i need about 5-6 injections.after that i will need less insuline, and i will feel much better,is this really true?

Are there anybody here at the forum that knows something, is this a thing i should do???

Hi I'm also new to type 1 and been contacted by hospital in india about stem cell , so would like to know more

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm also new to type 1 and been contacted by hospital in india about stem cell , so would like to know more
The thread you are replying to is over 9 years old. I doubt any of the original posters will respond.
You might want to start up a new thread that would be seen by more people

Larsianer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am still around, and doing great
i have gotten no treatment with the steemcells, but i got the tresiba and it works really good
still fit and faster than all my friends, and life has been really good since the last time i wrote here

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Interesting, but did you know that your body makes it's own stem cells after a two to three day water fast?

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
A 2 to 3 day water fast does not in any way help someone with T1 diabetes, and can be very dangerous, especially for a newly diagnosed T1.
@Antje77: I am dreadfully sorry. I had not realised I was talking to a type 1 ... my mistake entirely. I should have been more careful to notice that

• Friendly
Reactions: Antje77

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The problem I see with stem cells is that they have to be native to your body. It is no good putting someone else's cells in an injection and hoping they will take. If they do not have your personal DNA and the correct RNA then your immune system will destroy them asap as they are 'foreign'.

So the treatment (if possible) must first harvest some of your own nascent (unprogrammed) stem cells by taking them from your spinal fluid and programming them in vitro before they have any hope of getting them to do anything useful in your body. By the time they have done that the stem cells will have deteriorated in quality being outside the body, and again will be anihilated by the immune system as being ' alien' or faulty. It is a similar problem that transplant patients suffer and then you will need immunosupressant meds for life to protect the tranplanted cells. Not a simple solution eh? If it was simple then there would be clinics on Harley St offering off the peg treatment for a price. And backstreet merchants offering cut price deals. Or online 'doctors' offering injection pens for treatment with the convenience of your own home.