Stick Tests

hershan

Hi. I'm type 2 diabetic on Metformin, Gliclazide and a weekly Semaglutide injection. Not been feeling too great, so did a stick test this morning pre breakfast (12.2) and 2 hours after (14.3). Even after all the years that I've had type 2 (and it has been many) I just don't feel I'm in any way improving. I mean, those stick test levels aren't great, are they? Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @hershan and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. If you are unwell then it's quite common for blood sugars to go higher so your feeling of illness might be causing the higher levels rather than vice versa.. However, if you go the medication route to treat T2 it's also often progressive ie you gradually need more and more medication. If your levels stay high you might want to talk to your medical team.

What sort of diet do you eat? A lot of the T2s on here control their levels by reducing the carbs in their diet, and many of them manage to reduce their T2 meds as a result. If that is an option you are open to then you might want to read this link about T2 and low carb
JoKalsbeek's blog | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community

Once more, welcome. Hopefully some T2s will be along soon to give you feedback,