stickers on the freestyle libre 2

Toxodon

to decorate my libre i want to put stickers on it, can i put stickers anywhere on the libre 2 and do they need a hole punched through them anywhere, i don't know how the freestyle libre 2 actually works so i'm worried that a sticker might interfer with the technology somehow

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I know the hole is just for the needle in the applicator to bush the fibres of the filament into the skin. Blood occasionally can come out but I don't see any issue with covering it. Plenty of folk put some form of tape over the whole sensor to keep it in place.

The only potential problem I can imagine is if there is any metallic substance in the sticker eg reflective etc, it might stop the NFC scanning.

HTH

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
If you look at a sensor after removing it you can see right through it down the hole, so I guess this may let the skin breath – this is just a guess though.

The sensor contains a tiny heat sensor – top right in the photo, and this presses against a very thin section of the plastic on the skin side of the sensor. The temperature recorded is quite probably used in the algorithm that is used by the chip that does all the calculations to calculate blood glucose. Next time you have a chance to look at the skin side of a sensor see if you can spot the tiny clear ‘window’ the temperature sensor presses against.

My intuitive guess is that covering the hole may prevent heat escaping thereby contributing to an over-estimation of body temperature. The only time I had to secure a sensor with tape I used two thin strips and avoided covering the hole.

All above are ‘best guesses’ so I’m quite prepared to be shot down!
Libre sensor.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
to decorate my libre i want to put stickers on it, can i put stickers anywhere on the libre 2 and do they need a hole punched through them anywhere, i don't know how the freestyle libre 2 actually works so i'm worried that a sticker might interfer with the technology somehow
No problem!
I always wear a waterproof patch over them, no hole, so just use any sticker you like! :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I cover permanently to enable regular swimming with a plastic film. My readings are pretty accurate. So go ahead and cover.