stitches after surgery

coastalhobbit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i had my gall bladder removed about 4 weeks ago and have 3 stitches as a result of the key hole surgery. They are meant to disolve with in 3 months. they still look very red although they dont hurt at all. was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience...shouldnt the redness be going down by now? dont want to go to the gp unnecessarily...what do you think, i'm a type 2 btw....thanks for your thoughts

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Hi there

My stitches took a while to settle down too, about 2 months..they were also more than a bit itchy!

I wouldn't worry too much unless there is some sign of irritation or soreness but of course, if it is really bothering you, go and get it checked out. :)

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
I had the same experience. It took much longer than I was told, for the stitches to dissolve. Eventually I teased them out in the bath....... sorry if that's too much information!! :shock:

coastalhobbit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
:D Thanks for the comments, they're not bothering me so guess i'll just wait and see. (Not sure i'd be brave enough to pick them out though, just the thought makes me cringe :shock: )