stopping keto cured my knee and elbow pain

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmmm, I'm not sure that is a fair analogy. Of course there is science that explains why the moon isn't cheese and of course many people are prejudiced and need to be challenged, etc. With what food is bad/good for a human being though it's far more complicated than that. If as an individual I KNOW that an avocado makes me feel ill for example, then I may not know why but I just KNOW it does and I don't have to justify it with 'science' even if I could. Same with all foods, the human body can cope with some and not others sometimes for no apparent reason. I get that keto is fine for some people but not for others. I feel best on a low carb diet myself for example, not keto. If Denise isn't a fan of keto, so what?, maybe it just doesn't suit her.
Agree with all you say but Denise doesn’t just say she doesn’t like it but that she thinks it’s unhealthy (for just her or for anyone?) without any explanation of why or how she believes that. Her prerogative of course not to choose to explain but as we have all seen in here repeatedly when it comes to diabetes there are many factually dubious assumptions that might be responsible for that belief and able to be enlightened if shared. Also the interest in alternatives that work is genuine from many, particularly type 2 more diet dependent than insulin dependent.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm interested to know if anyone else developed pain while doing keto , and also I must add that I had pain in my thumb and wrist too which has now almost gone . Wondering if there's a connection .

Ladies & gentlemen.
This topic has deviated somewhat. & there has already been a call to order..

Thanks for your cooperation.

Keep safe.

Folks, this thread was started by Jackie with good news about her personal health.
Hopefully she will be back soon with her HbA1c results.

Please lets not degenerate into off topic bickering about ways of eating which are not relevant to Jackie and her situation.

A.

3. Respect others’ differences. Do not disparage because they do not share your opinion or way of doing things. If you find an error then correct it constructively. State your source for the correction so there is no doubt about it.

6. This is a Forum of many different personalities – if you disagree with someone then start a constructive debate or use the Private Message (PM) system to have a conversation. It is unhelpful to have to read miles of disagreeing posts, and can deflect from the purpose of the thread (i.e. thread derailing).

B.
5. Different types of diabetes require very different management techniques and/or medications. Be mindful of this when considering responding to a topic.

6. Type 1s may post on Type 2 topics, and vice versa (and applicable to other diabetes types and groups), where they have something relevant and helpful to contribute. When cross-posting, particular care must be given to ensure your content is relevant to the topic and original poster (OP). This is particularly important when dealing with newly diagnosed individuals who may be unable to differentiate for themselves. The concerns of people with Type 1 diabetes may be very different to people with Type 2 diabetes.

8. Cross posting T2 to T1, vice versa (and other groups) will be very strictly moderated. Irrelevant post will be liable to edit or deletion, with an explanatory message sent to the poster.