Stopping smoking

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Well done drahawkins it's good to hear from you, in fact I was wondering how you were doing just today. I have been given an e-cig as an incentive to give up so the day is getting closer. I'm down to 7 'normal' cigs a day but still worrying about weight gain. Do you think you have gained because you're eating more or because your metabolism has slowed down?

Good luck with it. I found my appetite isnt much more than what it always has been. I eat about the same really and suck on Sugar free Polo mints.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Both the wife and I gave up years ago ..it's about taking control ... if you relapse back to smoking ..the cigarettes have control .. Once you realise this in your head and heart ..you can then start to take back control . Your brain is addicted ..going cold turkey is not going to be fun or easy ..but it will make you realise just what a hold cigarettes have on you... This is your life .. You choose .. Well you choose the first cigarette.. After that the addiction takes over.. Then you loose control .. It's NOT EASY ...but it is doable .... If you really want to stop. Willpower ..sheer b€^~} willpower is needed. . Both the wife and I changed our live for the first three months of stopping .. Avoiding social situations where smoking would be so easy .. We also avoided friends that would say ...go on one more won't hurt ... We did not have each other for support as we gave up at different times ..the wife first ... Who is a lot stronger willed than me !
You can become a non smoker ... But the choice is yours to make .. If you are replacing the cigarettes with other addictive things it will just take longer .. Stand firm .. Draw on every ounce of your self control and will power and just don't smoke ...... This is your body ... Your mind .. Don't let it be controlled by cigarettes ... Take back your control ....

Hope this helps at least get your head around why you smoke and that your able to stop soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people