Stopping the Libre2 sensor from falling off???

nannoo_bird

In this sticky hot weather, how do you keep your sensor in place? The first one lasted a week before falling off, the second lasted half an hoiur and I couldn't find it, and the third, on now, has had to be strapped to my arm. I do just what it says in the instructions, I also bought some self-adhesive sensor covers, but nothing holds. As I have to pay for mine, this is an exensive experience. Anyone else having the same issue???

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
I recently got back from Gran Canaria and i bought in advance a new product to me.
Firtink 50 pack of transparent plasters at £6.99.....

I bought them for swimming but the adhesive around the sensor started to come away on my first day and the sensor was only a week old so i popped on a plaster......what a boon...it kept the cgm in place and protected me in the sea, i went in several times a day as it was in the mid 30s, and whilst they are a faff to put on i swear by them and 1 plaster lasted a full week so i see no reason why they won't last longer.

I hope this helps and i got them off amazon.

Tony

Reactions: nannoo_bird

chaoticliloj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, I had exactly the same issue when on holiday in Florida - I put my sensor on, put a sensor cover/plaster over it however within 3 days it had come off

• Agree
Reactions: nannoo_bird

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I cannot remember the name but I bought some wipes that patients use in the hospital before have things stuck to them. They worked as I had to really prise the sensor off! They also stopped irritation issues.

Reactions: chaoticliloj

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I have to pay for mine, this is an exensive experience.
I fund my own too, I would ring Abbott about each faulty sensor, they are good at replacing them foc.

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought a cheap strap of Amazon as mine fell off twice while playing golf, keeps it in place now

Lakeslover

I use tegaderm over mine. It usually lasts the full two weeks despite me swimming and going in a hot tub several times a week.

nannoo_bird

Thank you everyone. I am right that once they detach from your arm, you cannot reattach them? So that's a very expensive flaw in their construction. I am trying a few of your suggestions right now, so far so good.