1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Stored Insulin

Discussion in 'Insulin' started by elouisexxx, Feb 2, 2022.

1. elouisexxx

elouisexxx Type 1 · Member

Hi I’ve ran out of insulin from the fridge but have loads in the cupboard (couldn’t fit in the fridge) from when they just kept sending me loads for some reason and wouldn’t take them back. I not quite sure how long they’ve been in the cupboard but the all in date up to 2023 and never been used. Just not sure if anyone knows if I can still use them? X

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If not refridgerated they have a lifespan of about 30 days (fiasp may be less if its that insulin), so if you've had them longer than that then you shouldn't be using it, may not work at all or may do random stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook