1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

strange change after overheating

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Resurgam, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

A week ago on the Saturday of the August bank holiday weekend I was out in the blazing sun from just before noon to a little after 4pm.
    Due to the venue not supplying the things agreed, I was really short of anything to drink, a couple of pints of fluid were not adequate - I was even thinking of pouring the dog water bowls over my head.
    Eventually I went inside and sat at one of the tables and said I just had to have some water. Not only did I get a bottle, which I downed in a couple of minutes the server went outside to find my daughter to come to sit with me. I was well and truly roasted.
    The first thing I have noticed is my guts are unsettled - gurgling and loose, then I could not go to sleep at the usual time, now I have no appetite and have stopped eating in the mornings. I do not fancy the foods I usually eat. Yesterday I ate a cheese sandwich with livlife bread and a tomato and was awake all night. I went to sleep about 8 this morning.
    I noticed I was not drinking as much, not good in this heat, so now I am counting the glasses of water and have bought some low carb squash to encourage myself.
    My weight is not reducing despite the low intake of food. I don't feel ill or in any way odd - but the heat exhaustion has altered something.
    We really are an odd assemblage of components with some strange control mechanisms.

• Hug Hug x 7
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Get well soon, lass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I've been eating less, not feeling like food, then feeling bloated after eating. And I've put on 2lbs. Hopefully things are already settling down a little now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook